Complete refurbishment of a house in the Malone Conservation Area dating back to 1890. Originally a detached domestic house with attached Stable Block, the building was first converted into a Library in the 1960’s.
The contract involved a complete M&E installation, envelope scheme and external works including better access for all user groups.
The Refurbishment included converting the Stable Block from its original use into a meeting Room, quiet study areas, tea point and cyclist change area with lockers. Original retained features in the stable block include: water troughs, cast iron windows, doors and painted surfaces.
The original existing sliding sash windows were refurbished, energy efficient double glazing units installed along with draft excluding strips. New insulation to the walls, roof and windows combined with a new energy efficient heating will improve the efficiency of the building reducing energy costs along with a more comfortable environment for the Library users.
Access for all the Library Users has been improved with the addition of a Lift, automatic door access and access ramp for wheelchair users.
The Site was registered with the Considerate Constructors Scheme achieving Performance Beyond Compliance during the Auditing Process.